Saturday, August 23, 2008

Robbed!

Hola!

I only have a quick story for you guys today. I'll be posting pictures of our visit to downtown Tegucigalpa later when I put up pictures after our trip tomorrow to the zoo! I can't wait. But as for the story, so our group was touring the capital (Tegucigalpa) and after our long day of walking around we all went to this little restaurant to eat. It was inside but was open to the outside so there were no doors really. So we sat down and after a bit we got our food and my whole table got chicken with rice. After we had been eating for a while, this guy walked up and stood at the entrance of the restaurant. He was staring at our food and mumbling something about pollo (which is chicken). Then all of sudden before any of us could do anything, he walked up grabbed the leg of chicken off of the girl's plate next to me and ran out of the restaurant and down the street! Nobody could believe it and kept looking at each other like did that just happen? Then we all started laughing and assumed that guy must have been really really hungry. Luckily for the girl next to me (not so lucky for that hungry guy) she had eaten most of the chicken off of the leg and didn't want the rest of it anyways. After that we all kind of held on to our purses and wallets a little closer, because who knows what could happen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelsey, you can't name your post Robbed! and not get us worried...haha Glad it was chicken though and you were right,he probably needed the food. Love you girl!!

Melissa said...

That's highly amusing, yet...not. You know? I am glad you are alright. And it sounds like you are having a blast!

Kelsey said...

haha i know, I"m pretty careful these days w/ my stuff! you excited for Spain??