Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My New Blog

Hey Everybody!
This is my first blog thing ever, so this should be interesting! I just got the idea from Anne, because she sent me a link to hers so she could keep in contact with people while she was in Spain. I thought that this was a pretty good idea, so I figured I would give it a shot since I'll be in Honduras for a semester. Also I will not have a ton of internet access so having one site to type out what I am doing and uploading pictures will be a lot easier than individual emails and facebook postings! So I hope you all enjoy and hopefully I"ll keep this thing up to date. Feel free to make comments or let me know if something didn't work right. I don't know if I'll be able to help, but I'll sure try! Also my email is on here so if you want to say hi or let me know how your doing, feel free to shoot me one! I'm going to miss all you guys so much, so I'd love to hear what your up to especially everybody else who is traveling abroad!
Well, I am less than 8 hours away from leaving for Honduras, its is crazy! I never thought this point would ever come. I am surprisingly not nervous yet, I probably will be tomorrow. But the bags are packed and my good-bye's are said and I am ready! I also want to thank all of you who said you were praying for me, it means so much and makes me so much more confident that this is where God wants me. Tomorrow should be filled with traveling including over 6 hours of flying, a layover of 4 hours, and 5-6 hours of driving once I get to Honduras. And that all leads up to meeting my Honduran family that night who I will be living with for the next 4 months! Crazy day for sure. Well I am heading off to bed soon because I have to be at the airport at 4 am tomorrow, haha I haven't woken up that early since...I don't know when, anyways till next time ¡Adios!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Kelseyyyy! I am so excited for you. I know this will be an amazing trip, and I want to hear allllll about it! Keep an eye on my blog too if you'd like, I will be updating it when I am abroad too! I love you!

Eric De Boer said...

Hey Kels! Thanks for setting up a blog--now more people can keep up with you! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures over there. We'll be praying for you.

-Eric

Anonymous said...

You left. But you should come visit France, deal?

Kelsey said...

I wish I could come to France! that be sweet, but sadly for you I have to stay in central america for now:) lo siento muchacho!