Thursday, August 28, 2008

My New Friend Who Lives Under my Bed

So funny story...well at least for all of you it will be funny. I wasn't laughing last night (but I am now). Well I was getting ready for bed and I was up pretty late finishing up some crazy amounts of hw (already! i know) anyways, it was dark for the most part and my light in my room is pretty dim as well. My whole family was asleep (I think it was the first time I've ever been up later than my family). So I'm tip toeing around trying to be quiet as I get ready. I reached down for one of my bags on the floor because I needed a band-aid cause I have a new blister from my sandals. So I pick up the bag and set it on my bed. I feel something on my arm but think nothing of it until it starts running up my arm. Its so fast I don't get a chance to look at it, but can only see a black blur. So I'm scrambling to knock the thing off of me, but it keeps crawling up each arm, faster and faster. I'm trying so hard to be quiet to not wake anybody (I'm glad I'm not too much of a screamer, or this situation would have gotten a lot worse haha). Finally I knocked it off and breathing really hard I look down and its a giant cockroach the size of my palm! I had just said the day earlier that there were only cockroaches in the streets, but none in the house! Guess I was wrong...or I just jinxed myself...but anyways back to the story. Before I could react the thing ran under my bed. I was like shoot, now what. So I figured I would move my bed and squish the dumb thing. So I start moving my bed and it was so loud, I was like great Kelsey way to pick the night that I actually stay up later than the family. At that point I figured I had two choices...1) stay awake all night waiting for it to come back out or 2) turn out the lights, go to bed, and pray that the cockroach stays under the bed. Well I went with door number 2. I couldnt' believe how scared I was of the dumb thing all night, so didn't sleep too well and kept checking around to make sure nothing was crawling on me. But no worries I caught up on sleep with a "siesta" today. So yes that is the story of me and my new friend who lives under my bed :)

2 comments:

Eric De Boer said...

Wow Kelsey. Just wow. Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

So apparently there ARE monsters under the bed! You'll have to check from now on!